Sunday, February 17, 2008



I brought home some roses and a balloon for my loving and talented wife (cuz the size of the balloon is in proportion to the amount of love in our home).  I didn't account for the fact that Cooper loves balloons, especially when they are bigger than him.  So, the flowers were for Mariah and clearly the balloon was for Cooper!



So, Cooper is officially 18 months old as of Valentine's Day.  This video demonstrates his gymnast's courage and his impressive strength and coordination. (No bias as his dad!)  For those who don't know, that was my horse when I was little so it's fun for me to see my son enjoy it too.

Let's be honest, his motivation to even climb on it was only to be able to reach his light switch without mom or dad's help;  it just happened to be fun once he got up there.  For the record he still hasn't mastered getting back off the horse.

9 comments:

Radley & Laura said...

I love that you have officially hijacked the blog from Mariah! I also enjoy the new photos and the Cheyenne video. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!! New pictures Congrats guys! I love it. The video is so cute, Keep it up.

Kelley Flint said...

Cooper cracks me up. I love that he got on Cheyenne to get to the light. What a smart kid.

Camille said...

sweet! you guys are official "west pointers" now that you have a horse. ry, how are you feeling? you are so close, yahoo!

The Gainors said...

chris- thank you for updating- we love it-you'll have to keep it up while ry is out of commission.

s g said...

thanks for the updates...wow, cooper is getting so much hair and growing up so fast! I love that horse, we had one too..hope you are doing well Miss Mariah..we need to chat soon!!
sara g.

AnnDee said...

Pants! Why are you out of commisson? I just started my family blog -- I am determined to stay in touch with everyone now!!

I love the pictures, Cooper is adorable..

nicilee said...

Yeah for the new pics. i love 'em. hope you are doing well Ry. the new one is just around the corner. Chris, what a great hubby to post pics for Ry.

Likely said...

are you loving nursery!!??? I remember being so excited about 18 months for that reason.