Monday, April 20, 2009

***Disclaimer--Chris does NOT approve of this post and wanted me to NOT share the story and especially the pictures. I told him he was NOT in the car. He did NOT get puked on multiple times. And lastly he did NOT stay up all night cleaning up puke. So the POST STAYS.***

Excuses are what I am full of.....but this one is true! We had some major flu/bug/monster hit our family. Oh man. I had three boys super sick. Cooper got it the worst. I swear-what is it about puking on mom? Why do children think we like it? Or that it is okay? Yuck. We do NOT like it in the least. In fact I have come to hate pickles, cheese, pepperoni thrown up all over me in massive quantities. But what I really have come to hate is picking those mentioned items above piece by piece out of my washing machine. That was a new low for me. I am pretty sure I gently said, "I need a vacation!" Wait, now that I think about it-I screamed it at the top of my lungs with the laundry room door shut! ahhhhhh. That was just the start of 7 days. The first night Chris laid in our bathroom on the floor-so NO help-thinking he was dying. Cooper threw up EVERY 10 minutes-i mean EVERY 10 minutes the entire night. I never slept. After I would get Cooper back to bed...I would washing my hands, do laundry, and wash my hands. It was the BEST. I did around 25 loads of laundry the first 2 days. SWEET. I got a VERY mild taste of it on Sunday(conference) and it was bad. I thought we were out of the woods. Then Monday night around midnight Hank puked all over himself and his crib. By the time Chris and I bathed him, changed his sheets and got him to sleep it was 1. BTW-way easier to do that routine with help. I just put my head back on my pillow when Chris walks in and says Cooper is puking all over....WHAT? That is NOT possible. Well, it was. We cleaned him up, changed his sheets and got him back to bed around 2. I thought this sickness would never end. So it had been a week we went to my mother's house to hang out. No one was acting sick or had thrown up in days. On the drive home-look at pictures again-it takes 30 minutes to drive home-Cooper starts puking all over himself 10 minutes into the drive. It was awesome. The smell was barley tolerable. Hank kept crying out-he felt how I did. Cooper said, "Mom, I don't think Hank likes the way I smell." I assured him, that was true. I was ready to jump off the ledge...the smell, the amount, the CAR, the car seat. Oh man. Gross. I drove all the way home and got out the trusty towels stripped him down there was so much puke pooled in his shirt. I felt so bad.
So that is why I have NOT posted. I have been the puke maid. Thank goodness everyone is over it. Now, could we all just stop having runny noses?!

7 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Ewww...I'm so sorry! I'm glad those days are over for me. Though Brockton did throw up while I was tending him a couple of weeks ago. It got all over the family room carpet and kitchen floor. Thank goodness Trace was close by. He cleaned up the mess, while I cleaned up Brockton. It was great having a dog that wanted to help clean up too. (Ick!) I got a touch of it. Didn't throw up but was very nauseous for a few days. Lost weight though, so yay!

TamBaum said...

Man, that sucks! But Cooper looks so happy.

Anonymous said...

ohmygosh! Mariah gross. My sympathies go out to you!

s g said...

that is seriously the WORST...I can't say we have ever had something that horrible (for the kids) anyway, but both Greg and I have experienced something similar. I am hoping it is all over...you DEFINITELY deserve a vacation!!! Char has had a runny nose for 1 month straight, no lie...it finally stopped running last week, I could hardly believe it. Here's to a great week!!

Camille said...

oh wow! seriously...mom of the year award goes too.....MARIAH ROBINS!!! honesly, I couldn't do it. you rock and i hope it didn't start another round for you and your boys! love ya. and vacation in 2 months ;)

KS said...

Ugh. Poor YOU! The worst part about motherhood is DEFINITELY the vomit. Ada got the stomach flu when we were car shopping one day (had to get it done, my A/C went out in April in Arizona - it was a must to get a new car that day!). I felt like such a horrible mom, but we hit Target a couple of times for new outfits and cleaning supplies and just kept going! We traded in our stinky, vomit car at the end of the day for a pretty good price - so glad I didn't have to live with that smell for a few days afterward. Ha! Glad your kiddos are feeling better!

Kristin Milius said...

Im with Chris, yucky!