So it was one of those weekends......I tell you what I need to vent. I should have known that it might be "one of those weekends" on Wednesday. I went to lunch in Salt Lake with a lady I met in Germany. She loves Cooper and wanted to meet Hank. We went to Pei Wei and the food was great. At the end of the meal Cooper wanted to eat an orange. What mother wouldn't give her child fruit? I gave him a slice to suck on. He did that for a minute or two and then pucked all over. I, thankfully, have ninja like reflexes and caught most of the vomit in his bib. I tried to act like it was no big deal-Cooper wasn't upset-and just smiled and cleaned him up. I was dying inside. Trust me. I hate vomit.
We left and went to Toys R Us so Uli could buy Cooper a toy-at her instance. Henry woke up starving in the middle of touching every toy so I went to the car to feed him. (the bathroom was so dirty and stunk bad-hence the car) I fed Hank and sat him up to burp and he puked all over my crotch. This would be his biggest hurl all day-yes, the one that makes me look like I wet my pants big time. Thanks Hank. Then he filled his pants. So I attempted to change him on my lap. I ran out of wipes because there was so much poo. I at this point should have known-it would be "one of those weekends."
Chris met up with us at his parents house, sick. He was coughing, head cold, runny nose type sick. This blessed illness would then travel with lightening speed through the WHOLE family. Yahoo.
We were at Chris' parents' house because Radley the youngest brother was graduating from BYU. We went to the ceremonies on Thursday afternoon. It was snowing. I HATE this weather. Since I had packed Wednesday I was wearing the only shoes I had, sandals. That sure helped me with my cold. The graduation wasn't bad, just packed and hot. Cooper did really well and Hank slept through most of it. Afterwards we went to Rad and Laura's for Brick Oven Pizza. It was yummy. We drove home and went to bed knowing that we would be getting up EARLY for the part two of graduation.
Rise and shout at 6AM for the Robins. Having been up quite a bit with Hank the night before 6 came extra early. We all loaded the car by 6:45 and drove to Provo. We were not as cold as yesterday at the Marriott center. We had seats with backs on them! We also had a lady who needed extra seats and EVERYONE to not talk so she could hear every name read. There were about 2500 names read. Give me a break. During that ceremony Hank torpedo pooed out his outfit. I went to change him in the bathroom. At the Marriott Center there are NO change tables. So I wiped down a counter and went to work on the poop. It was everywhere. I used about 15 wipes. I was so glad I packed an extra jammie-just in case. Hank in the course of all this breaks my new necklace and poops just a little more. It took about 20 minutes to get this one under control.
We went to Einsteins for breakfast because everywhere else was a super long wait. I love Einsteins breakfast. I had just finished feeding Hank when I look over and Cooper is puking all over himself. I am talking like we had to buy him a compete new outfit down to shoes and socks afterwards. We couldn't have gone back to Chris' parents' house fast enough. I was exhausted. It was great seeing Rad graduate and Laura being so cute prego, but I needed a nap. I went to change Henry's diaper and he peed all over me. Seriously, did I look like I need anymore liquid on me? Yuck! We got back and Chris took a three hour nap. I slept about 20 minutes.
The next day we get up early, care of Cooper, and start the next sick day off. I decide I need to shower first so we can get moving. As I am in the shower, in comes Chris, Cooper and Henry. Henry had pooped out his diaper and all over my in-laws' newly remodeled kitchen floor. As Chris is getting him totally naked Henry pees all over him in the bathroom. Sweet! What a day and it wasn't even 9. We took it super easy the rest of the day.
We drove back to West Point and collapsed. I was beat and now sicker. We didn't' even think about going to church. Cooper is coughing like he has smoked for 15 years. Chris sounds about the same and now Hank is coughing. AHHHHHHHHH. I had my Lysol can out spraying everything.
So as for a normal weekend, I say it was trial by fire. Two kids. Two parents. All sick. That makes for one great weekend. Honestly despite all the fluid loss from everyone, we did have a fun weekend.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I love that Chris slept for 3 hours and you got about 20 minutes. Why does that always happen!?!
I was pretty much smiling during this whole post, not because I was happy that it happened to you, but because similar things have happened to me.
Life with two kids is just soooo much more interesting!
i am so sorry! that all wore me out just reading it! i am so glad you guys are on the mend and doing better. it was more than wonderful seeing you last week. love ya!
oh...Mariah. That sucks I am so sorry.
this is too funny and I am so glad it is documented, even though I am sure you weren't laughing through it all..wow, sounds like you survived with a smile in true Mariah fashion...sorry about the crazy Utah springs..they are so annoying!
I had heard the account before, but reading your version is just so much better.
oh dear, dear me. i am so sorry. Prayers are being sent your way.
PS - the marriot center doesn't have changing tables? What kind of mormon university IS THIS????
Post a Comment