Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Happy 4th of July! One of my most favorite things about living in West Point-or the WP-is the 4th of July festivities. We went to the morning breakfast put on by the young women in our ward. It was super good. Really, pancakes taste better with a little grease! After the breakfast we watched the parade. I truly believe that this parade was Cooper's ultimate fantasy. It had horses, candy, tractors, firetrucks, dump trucks, Popsicles, did I mention candy? Seriously, it was the perfect parade. After the parade we walked over to all the booths, and games. The weather was amazing-warm and overcast. It was just pleasant. Last year, I entered Cooper in the cutest baby contest. He not only did not win, but refused to even smile. He was so mad I made him do that. I decided not to ever to that again to my boys. They win. But-here comes the but-there was a Toddler Trot race. I HAD to enter Cooper. It cost me 5 bucks. Now this is where my competitive nature comes into play. I had to figure out what would motivate Coop to run extra fast. One word came to mind....CANDY. I had him pick from my hand which candy he would like and I told him I was holding it at the other end of the race. I thought it was pretty smart of me. On your marks, get set, go!! Off went the 8 kids running. Cooper looked both directions to see what was going on and I yelled, "Running Cooper, running!" That kid turned on his jet pack. His short, chunky legs ran like no other. COOPER WON!!! Can I just say I was proud. Okay, I was EXTRA proud. I will post Cooper with all his prizes. Chris wasn't even there to see it. Not that he is in to that kind of stuff, but he would have still be proud. Do I sound like a pageant mom or what?
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so funny and I would have been the exact same way if Maklee had won.

Kelley Flint said...

I am so proud Cooper. Run, Cooper, run!!

Camille said...

sweet. the competitiveness only gets worse as they get older. but at least you are figuring out now what works to make him #1! good job coop!

The Gainors said...

so you are alive. call me.

Andrea said...

I'm sad I missed out on all the WP fun. Next year I'm there for sure. Too bad you don't have a girl yet that you could doll all up for the beauty contest. You really do make a good pageant mom--j/k!

Trisha said...

A little candy always motivates me too! Can't wait to see you!

Erin Ann said...

Hey hot chicka...this is Erin (Langston) Lowther...your family is just adorable and two kids! I love it! I had changed my background and lost all my links to people...but I have now found you. Hope you're doing great!!

Anonymous said...

Mariah, when are you going to post again????? :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Mariah,

Remeber you have a blog?

:)