Thursday, April 12, 2007


Here is a quick flashback to freshman year at the BYU. Oh blessed Heleman Halls. Nicole Lofgreen(Orton) stayed at my house the past two days with her husband Brian and daughter Savannah. Brian is going to do his residency at McKay Dee Hospital in Odgen. They came looking for a house to buy. It was so great to see her again and to just catch up.
As I reflect on the amazing people I met that fantastic year I came to one conclusion; Pretty much everything great in my adult life can be traced back to people I met that freshman year. How lucky am I. What a unique group of people living, growing, learning, crying, sharing, and laughing at the same time in the same place. That to me is one of my life miracles.

8 comments:

Annie said...

So fun to see Nicole and Savannah again! I was hoping that they would come back up my way. Hello, how big is cooper? He is half your body.

It's true, all things and people can be traced back to freshmen year. I count my blessings everyday!

Anonymous said...

I loved that girl. so much fun to see her again. I would agree with the freshman friends comment. how blessed we are :)

s g said...

oh so fun...I had lunch with Nicole, Annie and our kids a few years back- you said it best...everything great in my adult life definitely goes back to freshmen year at the BY...:)

Shauna Brown said...

How fun to catch up with Nicole. Will she be moving close to you?? Loved the petting zoo pictures. You looked hot with your hair pulled back with those sassy glasses- loved it!! Cooper is such a cutie, however, the chick was awfully close to his mouth!

shannon said...

i am so glad to see you've joined the blogging world...you've done a great job!!! and i feel 100% with you about freshman year. everything about me and my life relates directly back to 1996! amazing...and i need to come and see your new house!

familia Bybaran said...

I agree. GO Freshman Year at Helaman Halls!!! I met the BEST people that year, including you. I wish we could have a reunion one of these days to see what everyone is up to. But for now, this blogging thing is great.

Evie B. said...

Mariah - don't know if you remember me or not, but I saw your blog linked on Shannon's and had to peek. So glad to hear your life is going so well and you have the most adorable little guy ever!

:) Evonne (Olson) Ballard

Martha said...

Mariah,
I've been keeping up on your post, as well as the blogs of all the other freshman girls, and had to write after the Freshman Year comment. I think of that year, and the ones to follow, often and wish at times we could be back there in good old John Hall. I cherish the memories and have really enjoyed getting to know everyone again through their blogs. Thanks for everything - to all the Freshman girls reading this.

Martha (Grace) Yorgason