I have no problem paying taxes. I think they are necessary for the country to function. But, I do have a problem with just throwing my money away, or paying the salaries of STUPID people. I was lucky enough to meet two of the dumbest policemen in the state.
We finished with the zoo and decided to meet my brother Brett for lunch. I drove past Mel's car to make sure she knew where we were going. She had just finished changing her 2 year old daughter's diaper. As she was adjusting her Michalyn's pants, Michalyn shut the RUNNING car's door. Yes, the keys are now locked in the car with Issac the one year old locked inside. AHHHHHHH. So we call 911 and tell them a child is locked in a running car and to please help. I during the waiting period am able to feed Henry-so it was not an emergency-to help us. We called again after about 10 minutes, because Issac started freaking out. Who has to call 911 twice? We did. Two police officers arrive in separate cars 17 minutes AFTER the call. We are just glad to see them. The both pull out the Slim Jim and go to town on Mel's car. No joke, I had no idea a policeman didn't know how to use a Slim Jim, let alone TWO policemen who didn't know how to use a Slim Jim. We are all dying as they are running Mel's car. One of the officers kept saying how hard it is to do on these "newer" cars. Mel is driving a 1997 car. Yeah-it is 11 years old. Pretty darn new to me too. He then says we should probably call a lock smith. Hello. There is child locked in a running car-we need to get him out not call someone else. Duh. Issac started to freak out big time. Mel said we are done I am getting a rock-break the window. Bytheway both Mel and Melissa asked if they could try the Slim Jim and were turned down. One of the geriatric officers pulled a hammer out of the wrapper and proceeded to read the directions on the back. Are you kidding me? After hitting the window about 15 times they finally broke the side back window. Mel hurried and unlocks the door and a wave a heat flows out. Yes, the heater had been on full blast 90 degrees the ENTIRE time. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum looked dumb founded. Melissa ripped off Issac's clothes and they sit in my air conditioned car to cool him off. They also start pumping him full of liquids. AHHHH. He was burning up. The cops were so slow and in no hurry to help. One did say as his parting comment-I did sped to get here. Yeah, thanks. That almost makes the entire situation less traumatic. Issac was fine after about 20 minutes of cool down. So needless to say we didn't meet Brett for lunch.
To complete Mel's amazing day, she got a flat tire on her way back to Provo and not ONE person including the three cops that passed by, stopped to help her. She changed it with two screaming kids all by herself. She won an extra special award!!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
LAME-O!! That is just sooo sad!
Wow, what a day. Let's just hope one wasn't the same cop that pulled my dad over last month.
There needs to be a formal complaint made. I would be furious and I hope you got their names.
Wow. Shows you what cops are good for... NOTHING!!! I hope that she flipped the cops off as they drove by. I am surprised that one of them didn't take the time to explain to Mel why it isn't a good idea to lock your small child in a running car. UNBELIEVABLE. However after Judy's run-in with the law I can believe it.
Oh. My. Gosh. I cannot believe that. Of course, Mel took things into her own hands. Incredible. And a flat tire? She deserves a serious medal of honor from the police!
wow. that is unreal! what morons! i love hearing your point of view...it's like I hear your voice re-telling the whole story inside my head. love it!
this is so hilarious..I mean sad, but I love the way you tell it, in true Mariah style...poor Mel, I hope the cops are paying to replace her window...what a bunch of idiots. I can't believe how big Cooper looks at the zoo..he is so cute!! We need to catch up ASAP!!
thank you for telling my story, as you can tell from my blog, i haven't had the energy. a super side-note though. you forgot how he wanted to break the driver's window and i directed him to the little triangle one- anyway- 1 small triangle window on a 98 acura-$382.
you motivated me, i blogged it. i had to relive it, but i did it.
So sorry about that! I didn't know that when I locked my door with the car on (with air conditioning so that I wouldn't fry my kids in the arizona heat in the summertime while I ran inside a construction business to get a signature) that the key chain chair unlocker thing (my mind is blank right now) wouldn't open the car. I felt really smart as the lady at the business told me "Why would you ever leave your kids in the car?" UM.... unloading several kids to run five feet inside a building for two seconds doesn't sound fun to me. Anyways - at least it was air conditioning and not heat, but still, traumatic.
what can I say that hasn't been said already....DU!!! What a couple of retards.
I love the new picture at the top of the page! What a cute family! I can't wait to see you guys really soon...
all I can say is - Wow. I'm so sorry, I can't imagine how frustrating that would be!
LAME! I hate cops..well most of them!! Sorry that happened!!
Post a Comment