Wednesday, June 04, 2008

The full family picture at the end of the day.
The post Thomas melt down. He was sooooo tired.
The look on Cooper's face pretty much says it all.
Cooper reaction to the conductor was to hide. He wouldn't even look at him.
There was a small petting zoo. Cooper touched EVERY animal.
Waiting for the amazing Thomas tattoo.
Cooper standing by Thomas. There was a HUGE line and really does he have to be standing NEXT to him? I didn't think so!

The start of the journey!
Cooper had to touch EVERYTHING that had Thomas on it.
I had to hold him for this picture!

Grandma and Hanky Panks





Hurray, hurray, Thomas the Tank Engine came to Utah! I say that as my wallet was much lighter after buying tickets to that Cooper could see the love of his life in person. Remember it was May when Thomas came, yet we were freezing in 50 degree weather with a little rain. Are you kidding me? Grandma Debra came with me and the two boys to Heber City. It was great. We rode the Heber Creeper for about 25 minutes. Cooper was more excited about the tramps and swings in people's backyards than anything. The condutor came by and I wanted a picture of Cooper with him. That was a HUGE mistake. Cooper was terrified. He curled up against the window and would NOT sit by him. After the conductor left, he made me hold him the rest of the ride. Hank slept through the whole thing in Grandma's arms. After we finished the ride we tried to take a picture with Sir Topum Hat(the dumbest name EVER) and Cooper would NOT do that either. He got a tatto on his hand of Thomas and loved that. When Cooper saw Thomas in real life, that was worth the whole day. He was thrilled. We went in the gift shop and people were buying trains by the arm full. We left with the free magnet picture frame. Plenty for us! Hank was great. He slept the whole time. I am very glad he was free. Cooper

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought Addie was the love of Cooper's life! We are sure going to miss you guys!!!

Kelley Flint said...

Poor Cooper - scared of the conductor. He's such a funny kid. I can't wait to give him a big hug in a few days.

Jenn said...

Its good to know our little boys will be friends for sure. Jackson is a thomas and train lover as well. I saw this day with thomas thing and knew Jackson would be in heaven, but Jeremy said it was a little pricey for a 1 year old to go on a train for 20 minutes. You are a much better mother than me... :) We should definitely do it another year. Love that Hank slept the whole time.....don't you just love babies.

s g said...

this is cracking me up...Lewis was also terrified of the conductor and Sir Topham Hatt, he wouldn't even come within 2 feet of him even with us holding him last summer. The tattoo was also the highlight and seeing the big Thomas for Lewis. I love that Cooper had to touch everything with Thomas on it...he and Lewis would have a lot of fun together...talkin' trains!!

Anonymous said...

Mariah, I am glad to know I'm not the only one who hates buying expensive overpriced souveniors at all these places. Good for you, looks like you had fun!

shannon said...

how fun, thanks for the updates. i can't believe how big cooper is getting, what a darling little boy!

Katie said...

Hi Mariah - wanted to see what you are up to! Your family is so cute...glad to know you are well. :)

Love,
Katie Leake

P.S. I just got married & have left the Richmond branch...mom & dad just got released from serving there as well. We miss it already!

Stephanie said...

Hey Mariah, found you though Linds blog! I am so glad I did because I didn't know you had two kiddies! You look great! Have a fabulous summer!